Pesto Sauce with Sorghum Pasta and Cabbage
Pesto is a great sauce for pasta, pizza, salad, or as an addition to a charcuterie board. This one has fabulous flavor and can be kept in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- 1 Blender or Vitamix
- 2/3 cup Basil Leaves Packed
- 1/3 cup Romano Cubed
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil EVOO
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts or Walnuts
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Zest optional
- 1/2 tsp Salt - Iodized Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 clove Fresh Garlic Sliced Or 1/4 tsp garlic powder if prefer less intense garlic flavor.
- 8 oz Box of Sorghum Capellini
- 1/2 head Green Cabbage Shredded
- 4 Tbsp Romano Cheese Shredded for topping
- Place the first 7 ingredients in a blender
- Blend on low then increase the speed until completely homogenized.
- This is perfect on one 8 oz box of Capelinni pasta and 1/2 head of shredded cabbage cooked together. Just boil a large pot of water, add the pasta and let it cook for 4 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the cabbage and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Check the pasta to make sure it's the texture you want. Drain, mix in the pesto and serve.
- You can put shrimp, prosciutto wrapped asparagus, cheese, or fried evoo eggs on top.
This is a great side dish, but again, the pesto can be used in many ways. Feel free to get creative with it. I would love to hear what you come up with!