Asparagus Wrapped with Prosciutto
- 1 Large frying pan
- 1 Pair of kitchen sheers
- 1 lb Asparagus with tough ends removed
- 5 oz Proscutto
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Remove the tough ends of the asparagus.Take the prosciutto out of the package, leaving it on the parchment, and cut into 1"strips.
- Wrap each asparagus stalk with prosciutto. Sprinkle the garlic powder evenly over the wrapped asparagus.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large frying pan on medium heat and add the asparagus. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes and turn, cooking the other side.
- Plate to serve and grind fresh black pepper over the asparagus.
I like to serve this dish with pesto "pasta". I use 1/2 sorghum capellini and half shredded cabbage. My grandfather would roll over in his grave, but adding the cabbage adds a lot of volume to the pasta without adding a lot of extra calories. It's difficult to even tell that the cabbage is in the pasta. It blends in, tastes like, and has the texture of pasta... plus it's inexpensive.