Ranch Better Dressing
I like creamy dressings. And ranch is a big favorite, either as a dip or as a dressing. This recipe came together for me because of the things I would add to a salad to make it enjoyable, but also adding things I knew I needed in my diet for my health. This dressing is better than any store bought ranch I've had in years. It's easy to make, keeps for a week or more, and is great for a snack with celery or other cut veggies. It sneaks things into my diet the I know are good for me in the most pleasing way.
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 10.5 oz Goat Cheese one log what you would purchase at Costco
- 2/3 cup Hot Water
- 1 1/2 tsp Dill, Dried
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt - Iodized Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil or 1/4 cup Avocado Mayo
- 1 tsp Dijon
- 1/4 cup Sauerkraut, Diced
- Place the goat cheese and hot water in a bowl and mix well using the back of a spoon if needed until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well. It will be a little thinner than ranch when you finish, but just because it's a little warm.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool for an hour or more. If you like you can put it in a jar. Mix about 1/4 cup per 5-6 cups of salad, or use it as a dip. It's amazing.