Roasted Walnuts with Turmeric
These have great flavor. They taste even better the day after you make them. Maybe the seasoning needs to settle in a little. They will keep for a few weeks, although ours don't tend to last long! They are great on a salad or cheese boar, too. Really tasty with chevre.
- 1 Cookie Sheet lined with parchment
- 5 cups Whole Walnuts
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil warmed until liquid or Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Champagne Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Coriander, Ground
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your cookie sheet with parchment.
- Place the oil and seasoning in a medium bowl and mix until the salt is dissolved.
- Add the walnuts and toss until they are completely covered. Spread them evenly on you cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are just starting to get light brown on the edges.
- Cool completely and store in a jar.
I'm not really a huge fan of walnuts, but these are delicious. The taste even better the day after you make them and will keep for a few weeks in an airtight container.