Hemp Mushroom Burgers
These are really tasty, but not the same texture as a burger. They make a better open faced sandwich. Flavor is on point though!
- 1 Large Sauté Pan
- 3 tbsp Freshly Ground Flax
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1 ea Onion Diced
- 4 cups Mushrooms Diced about 10 oz
- 2 tsp Dry Thyme
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Dry Sherry or 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 cup Hulled Hemp Seeds
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup Hemp Protein Powder
- 4 tbsp Avocado Oil or Olive Oil (but use lower sauté temp and more time)
- Mix the flax and water and let sit. Dice the onion and mushrooms. Add 1 tbsp oil to the sauté pan and cook the onions for 3 minutes on high then add the mushrooms, thyme, garlic and salt. Sauté on medium high for 4 minutes covered.
- Add the sherry and continue to cook uncovered until quite dry. Remove from head and place in a bowl. Add the flax mixture, hulled hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, and hemp protein powder. Mix well.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a large sauté pan, once the oil is glistening, drop the burgers into the pan, at this point the texture is more like batter. Use a spatula to level them into patties.
- Cook them on medium heat covered for 5 minutes and flip. Then cook on the other side. Serve with salad, avocado, as a taco or on an open faced sandwich.
- I sprinkled a little Romano on them, which was nice, but not required. They are very tasty.
I put avocado, lettuce, and red sauerkraut that my husband made on these. The burger was the star. And the grain free sourdough bread... but that's a recipe that I'm working and working on. It's very close...