Bison and Millet One Pot Meal
Prior to starting on the Plan Paradox program we had a dish similar to this quite often. Fast, easy delicious, and satisfying. Usually I made it with Spaghetti Squash, but I think, even peeled and seeded, I'm sensitive to squash. Which is a bummer because I LOVE squash. This meal does contain some skinned and seeded strained tomato sauce, but it is optional. Enjoy!!
- 1 Presssure Cooker or Stock Pot, just increase the simmer time to 12 min and stir every 4 min.
- 16 oz Ground Bison
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 ea Large Onion Diced
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 7 ea Celery Stocks Diced
- 2 ea Sweet Potatoes Peeled and Diced
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Thyme, Dried
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Parsley, Dried
- 1 cup Millet cooked to it's instructions
- 1/2 cup Red Wine or water
- 1 cup Organic Strained Tomatoes optional
- 3 oz Grated Romano or Sheeps Milk Feta
- 3 cups Mushrooms, Diced
- Set the instant pot to Saute and add olive oil, onion and bison. Stir every 2-3 minutes and cook until onions are transparent and meat has started to brown. Add ghee, celery, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, salt, pepper, thyme, garlic powder, parsley, millet, wine and tomato sauce.
- Leave the instant pot on high and allow all of the ingredients to heat through. Once it has begun to boil, place the lid on the pressure cooker and seal. Pressure cook on high for 4 minutes. Turn off the keep warm function and release the steam.
- Serve in bowls with shredded Romano or Crumbled Feta Cheese.
If you are using a stock pot, just continue to cook on medium heat, stirring every few minutes until the potatoes are soft. About 12 minutes.