Hamburgers with Sauerkraut and Manchego
I thought it might be helpful to post some of the simple dinners I make. Easy can be just as delicious as complicated. We don't have burgers all that often, but I do really enjoy them. The nice thing about doing them this way is that you can cook them on the grill and add the kraut and cheese or cook them in a skillet.
- 1 Frying Pan
- 1 Microwaveable Plate
- 2 Bowls
- 1 lb Grass Finished Ground Beef
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Sauerkraut
- 2 tsp Avocado Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Dill, dry
- 2 oz Manchego Cheese
- Make the burger into 4 patties. Heat a frying pan or heavy bottomed skillet on medium high heat until fully heated, about 2 minutes. Place the burgers into the frying pan and put half of the salt and pepper on one side.
- Cook the burger patties for 3-4 minutes per side, flipping only once and not pressing down with the spatula. Season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Mix together the sauerkraut, mayonnaise, and dill (optional, add 1/4 tsp pepper). And slice the cheese.
- Make 4 piles of the sauerkraut and place the cheese on top of it.
- Microwave for 40 seconds to 1 minute. If you over melt the cheese, wait for it to cool down before you try to put it on the burger.
- Transfer the sauerkraut and cheese onto each cooked burger using a spatula.
- Serve by themselves or over a bed of lettuce.