Vegie-licious Pizza or Pasta Sauce
This is a really nice replacement for traditional tomato sauce. Easy to make, freezes well if you would like to do a larger batch.
- 1 Pressure Cooker Or medium pot
- 1 Submersion Blender
- 2 ea Leeks, carefully cleaned and cut in 3" pieces or 2 Onions Peeled and Quartered
- 5 ea Carrots, peeled
- 3 ea Stalks of Celery
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Kalamata Olive Tapenade or 8 seedless Olives
- 2 ea Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp Rosemary, dry
- 1/2 tsp Oregano or Basil
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Miso Paste or 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Water or Red Wine
- 2 tsp Wine Vinegar
- 2 oz Romano Cheese optional
- Wash all of the vegetables and cut them into 1-2" chunks. Leave the garlic and olives whole. Place everything in your pressure cooker and seal and pressure cook for 10 minutes. Release the pressure.
- Use your submersion blender to blend everything into a sauce. Use this sauce in the same way you might use a jar of pasta sauce, or pizza sauce. It's flavorful and delicious.
If you do not have a pressure cooker... I recommend you get one. 😛 You can make this recipe in a small pot, start with chopping the garlic and sautéing it in the olive oil and ghee. Add all of the other ingredients, stir, and simmer for 15 minutes. If you do not have a submersion blender you can cool this mix and puree it in your blender in batches. This recipe freezes well for later use.