Sorghum Almond Cassava Pizza Crust
This is a very simple and fast crust, and I often triple the recipe, make extra pizza and freeze it. It's best to use a non-stick pan. Something I don't do very often, but I have one big one by All Clad. If you use non-stick pan just make sure it's non-toxic.
- 1 11"-13" Non-stick Frying Pan
- 1 Cookie Sheet
- 1/3 cup Sorghum Flour
- 1/3 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Cassava Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Water Plus 1-2 tbsp if needed
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil Plus a small amount for the cookie sheet
- You must start with a cool frying pan.Combine all ingredients. The batter should be fairly thin.
- Pour the batter into the cool frying pan. You can shake the pan or place a towel on the counter and gently tap the bottom side of the pan. This will make the batter completely smooth.
- Place the pan over medium heat and cover. Cook until it's bubbling and the edges have separated from the sides of the pan, 5-7 min. At this point the crust will be easy to move.
- Flip, cover, and cook on the other side for 5-7 min.
- Make a circle of olive oil on your cookie sheet using a few drops of olive oil. Just enough to coat it and place the pizza on this circle.
- Add your favorite toppings. I did artichoke pesto with Romano and Manchego cheeses for this one. It's difficult to get this crust to be crispy, but it's quick, thin, and chewy and satisfies a pizza craving.
If you make a larger batch be sure to cool the frying pan before starting each one.