Tri-tip Roast with Dry Rub
We don't tend to eat as much beef as we used to, but this grass fed beef tri tip was fabulous. The dry rub for this recipe is listed on this site.
- 1 Small Cookie Sheet or 9x12 Baking Dish
- 1 ea Tri-tip Roast, 1.5 lbs
- 2 tsp Dry Rub
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Rub the roast with the dry rub (listed on this site) and place in refrigerator for an hour or more.
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line your baking dish with parchment.
- Heat the avocado oil in a medium skillet and brown the roast on all sides. Searing the meat. Place on parchment lined baking dish and tent with foil (meaning don't seal the meat in, air should be able to flow in through the sides.)
- Rest for 10 minutes, tented with foil before carving.
If your roast is larger than 1.5 lbs., plan on a cooking time of 22-30 minutes per pound.