Salad with Figs and Goat Cheese Pecan Medallions
This salad is a treat. And very elegant as far as presentation. Flavor is amazing, too.
- 1 Small Pan
- 1 Salad Bowl
- 4 ea 1/2 inch Medallions of Goat Cheese How to make them is in the recipe.
- 1/3 cup Pecans Diced
- 4 cups Mixed Greens
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar or 1 tsp Champagne or Wine Vinegar
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- 1 pinch Black Pepper, Fresh Ground to taste
- Dice your pecans.
- Cut the packaging away from the goat cheese and slice 3 half inch pieces.
- Press each piece of the goat cheese into the pecans so that the nuts stick. Don't press to hard, the cheese will crack.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a pan on medium high heat. When the pan is hot add two medallions at a time. Let them heat for 1 minute on each side. If you over-heat them, they will fall apart.
- Thinly slice 2 dried figs.
- Put your greens in the salad bowl and 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp balsamic. Plate the greens in 4 portions, add a goat cheese medallion to each plate and add slices of dried fig on top.