Hemp Heart Tabbouleh
We really love this. It's a great use of hemp hearts. The flavor is amazing. If you don't have mint, just use all parsley. It still comes out great.
- 1 Medium Size Bowl
- 1 cup Hemp Hearts
- 2 stalks Celery, Finely Diced
- 2 1/2 cups Parsley, Fresh and Finely Diced
- 1/2 cup Mint, Fresh and Finely Diced
- 1/4 cup Sauerkraut Diced
- 1 cup Red Cabbage, Diced
- 1 tsp Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Lemon or Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp MCT Oil
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Place the hemp hearts, celery, parsley, mint, sauerkraut, and red cabbage in a medium bowl. Place the onion powder, garlic powder, vinegar, citrus juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. Serve immediately or the next day. This salad holds up very well, it's beautiful and delicious.
We love this salad. It's a great side dish. Plus it's vegan.