Almond Flour Crackers
Great crackers for snacking or charcuterie. Lectin free snacks are one of the things I have found to be difficult to find, and when I do find them, they are expensive. These are easy to make and great to have in your pantry. I use a tortilla press, but you can roll them out between two pieces of parchment paper.
- 1 roll of parchment paper
- 1 tortilla press optional
- 1 18x26" cookie sheet
- 2 cups blanched almond four
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg - soy and corn free
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.Mix the almond flour, sea salt and pepper (optional) in a large bowl. Add the egg and mix well, until a dough forms. 1-2 minutes.
- Separate the dough into 6 even pieces, and roll them into balls. Cut 2, 8x8" pieces of parchment paper and press each ball between the parchment with a tortilla press. Cut each round into 8 wedges and transfer onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat for all 6 balls. This will fill a cookie sheet nicely.
- Or place the dough between two larger pieces of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin roll out into a rectangle until 1/16" thick. Cut into 1x2" squares and transfer to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. You can compress and re-roll any uneven pieces. Just try to make all of the crackers roughly the same size and thickness.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.For variations try adding one of these; 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, 2 tsp fresh lemon zest, 1/4 tsp onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 tsp everything bagel seasoning... get creative.
For a great, and inexpensive, tortilla press click HERE.