Cumin Sweet Potatoes with Chicken
This is a delightful one pot meal. You can make it in your pressure cooker or a pot. It is rich in flavor and a little exotic tasting. This recipe does contain seeded strained tomatoes and is probably best for those who are on phase 3 of the Plant Paradox.
- 1 Pressure Cooker Or Small Stock Pot
- 3 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 3 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Coriander
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt 1 tsp if your tomatoes are salted
- 1 ea Onion, Diced
- 1 1/2 lbs Chicken Breast Cubed
- 1 1/2 lbs Sweet Potato, Peeled and Cubed
- 3 cups Sweet Potato, Peeled and Cubed
- 3 cups Kale, Chopped or more
- 24 oz Strained, Skinned and Seeded Tomatoes, Unsalted or 2 cups carrots peeled and grated and 1/2 cup water or broth
- 3 tbsp Sherry, Dry Cooking Wine optional
- 3 oz Goat Cheese
- Heat the oil on sauté with all of the spices and salt. When it becomes fragrant add the chicken and onion and and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Turn off the sauté function and add the potatoes, kale, strained tomatoes, and sherry.
- Stir until well combined, put the lid on the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 minutes. Turn off the keep warm function, and release the pressure as soon as the 4 minutes is up.
- Serve warm in bowls with 1/2 oz of goat cheese in the middle. I diced some celery leaves to make this look pretty. Cilantro or parsley would be nice as well.
This recipe can easily be made in a pot. Just follow the instructions and simmer on medium low covered for 10-15 minutes stirring every 3-4 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Bionaturae organic strained tomatoes are really delicious. See link to Thrive Market below to purchase.