Vanilla Pudding, Vegan
The fact that this pudding is vegan is just lucky. It tastes best if you make it one day ahead, but boy does it taste good. Gone in 60 seconds. Also keto...
- 1 Saucepan
- 6 Ramekins Or a medium bowl.
- 1 can Coconut Milk, full fat
- 1/3 cup Erythritol, Monk fruit, or other approved sweetener Swerve works well
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp Arrowroot Starch
- 1/2 cup Cold Water
- 1 pinch Nutmeg Optional
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place your saucepan over medium heat and add the coconut milk and salt. Heat until it begins to bubble, stirring constantly until it begins to bubble. Remove from heat.
- Mix the arrowroot starch and cold water together stirring briskly. Add it to the coconut milk, also stirring briskly and return the pan to the heat.
- Stir constantly until the mixture thickens and there are bubbles coming up from the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and add vanilla and nutmeg (optional).
- Pour into ramekins or bowl and allow to cool uncovered in the refrigerator.
- Chill for at least one hour, but overnight is best. The flavor really comes together.