Date and Pecan Bread
This bread is amazing. Simple to make and so delicious that nobody will consider that it's gluten free, and lectin free. They'll be too busy enjoying it.
- 1 Bread Pan
- 1 Mixer
- 2 medium to large bowls
- 6 ea Eggs Separated Free Range, Soy and Corn Free
- 1/3 cup Monk Fruit, Xylitol, or other Safe Sugar Replacement
- 1/2 cup Ghee Melted
- 1 cup Fine Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt Iodized Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg or Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 cups Chopped Dates or Chopped Dried Figs
- 1 cup Pecans Chopped
- Line the bread pan with parchment. I place my pan over the parchment and cut slits to each corner then fold it into my pan. Or use ghee to grease your bread pan.Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Chop the dates and pecans. (You can use 50% dried figs or all dried figs if desired.)
- Separate the egg whites into a large bowl and yolks into a medium bowl. Melt the ghee in the microwave trying not to get too hot. Just liquified.
- Whip the egg whites until peaks form.
- Mix into the egg yolks; sugar substitute, ghee, almond flour, salt, and spices. This mixture will be fairly thick. Mix 1/2 the egg whites in on low, then fold the rest of the egg whites in until well mixed.
- Add the fruit and nuts in thirds folding them into the mixture.
- Pour the batter into your bread pan.
- Tent the top of your bread with parchment or foil. I find this helps keep the bread from getting too brown on top.
- Bake covered for 1 hour and check that it has baked through. Insert a toothpick or knife in the center. If it comes out clean, the bread is done. If not bake for an additional 10 minutes.
This bread is such a treat. I make it every few months. Whenever I'm feeling a little deprived of baked goods. It's wonderful with coffee and will definitely satisfy a sweet tooth. Let me know if you enjoy it as much as I do!