Chocolate Pudding, Vegan and Keto
This pudding is a wonderful treat. The texture is amazing. It gets a skin on top like regular pudding. Desert craving = satisfied.
- 1 Sauce Pan
- 6 Rankins or Small Bowl
- 1 can Coconut Milk, Unsweetened Full Fat
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Monk fruit, Xylitol, Erythritol, based Sugar Substitute
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder - Non Alkalized 1/2 cup if you prefer darker chocolate
- 2/3 cup Water Chilled
- 2 tbsp Arrowroot Starch
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Powdered Stevia Extract optional
- Mix the cocoa powder and coconut milk together in the pan while cool to dissolve all clumps from the cocoa powder. Warm the cocoa powder, coconut milk, salt, and sweetener in the sauce pan on medium or medium low heat stirring consistently until the mixture is starting to bubble.
- Combine cold water with the arrowroot starch. Whisk until there are no lumps. I use a fork and it mixes pretty easily.
- Add the starch mixture to the sauce pan stirring consistently to ensure that no lumps form. When the mixture has thickened and begins to bubble turn the heat off.
- Stir in the vanilla and stevia powder. Divide the mixture into 6 ramekins or pour into a bowl. Place in the refrigerator uncovered until fully chilled (about 1 hour) then cover.
This is awesome chocolate pudding. It doesn't have a coconut flavor, but is very chocolaty.