Roasted Purple Cabbage
We have this side dish often. It's beautiful, simple, and delicious. Plus it makes great leftovers. I often chop up what we have left and add it to a salad or reheat it with my lunch. I'm so excited to share this recipe, I may have to make it again tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that...
- 1 Cookie Sheet
- 1 ea Head of Red Cabbage, Medium to Large
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil Or more
- 1/2 tsp Salt Iodized Sea Salt is best
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the cabbage in half and cut out the core.
- Slice the cabbage into 1/3 inch slices and arrange them on the cookie sheet.
- No worries if you need to squeeze them in. Just try to keep any loose pieces tucked in the middle of the cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle evenly with all of the seasonings. Then cover with foil.
- Bake covered for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes. The brown crunchy edges are the best.
- Serve immediately.