Veggies Pasta and Grass Finished Ground Beef
This is a great and quick weekday meal. We always have leftovers which make a great lunch the following day. If you have a food processor, use 3 pulses to shred the veggies. This recipe can be made vegan by substituting the beef with mushrooms or textured vegetable protein (Gundry approve TVP in his Keto book).
- 1 Stock Pot for pasta
- 1 Large Sauté Pan
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb Grass Finished Ground Beef or 1lb Mushrooms Diced or 1 1/2 cups TVP
- 1 ea Onion, Large Diced
- 4 ea Garlic Cloves, Diced
- 4 ea Carrots, Peeled and Grated
- 1/2 head Red or Green Cabbage Finely Diced
- 2 cups Celery, Diced
- 14 oz Artichoke Hearts, Canned, Drained and Chopped Optional
- 2 tsp Thyme, Dried
- 1 tsp Rosemary, Dried
- 2 tsp Salt 3 tsp if you use Mushrooms or TVP
- 15 ea Seedless Kalamata Olives Diced or 2 tbsp Olive Paste
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Dry Red Wine
- 8.8 oz Box Sorghum Capellini or 9.8 oz Sorghum Ramen
- 4 oz Shredded Romano Cheese or to taste
- Fill the stock pot 3/4 with water and set to boil.
- Brown the beef, onions and garlic in olive oil in the sauté pan.
- Add the carrots, cabbage, celery, artichoke. thyme, rosemary, salt, olives, black pepper and wine. Stir, being sure to incorporate all of the beef drippings, cover and reduce heat to medium low.
- Continue to cook stirring every 3-5 minutes until vegetables are soft. About 10 minutes. Turn off heat and leave covered.
- When the water in the stock pot boils, add the pasta and cook according to the directions on the box. When ready, strain the pasta, run cold water over it. Shake it in the strainer to get as much moisture out as possible. Place the pasta on a cutting board and cut in a 2 inch grid, vertically then horizontally.
- Mix the pasta into the vegetables, taste and add salt as needed.
- Serve with Romano Cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.